Skip to main content

Sept. 30 Marketing Play a BIG Success!

Yes, it was! Though the numbers are still out, it looks like we made our goal of 100 units of Brig-Wallis Preparatory School for Boys sold in one day. We know that there have been 30 purchases for the Kindle e-book version, CreateSpace, the Amazon-owned publishing service I used to refine and publish all three of the Osiris Plan trilogy, has some kind of lag time between the time of buyer on-line purchase and registration as a "unit sold" in their accounting ledger. Either way, we know there were well over 100 paperbacks ordered--and we watched the book climb into the Top Ten of Amazon's Metaphysical & Visionary Fiction "bestseller" list. (It peaked at #9.) And this is not all of the visibility the book has gained as many web- and Facebook sites were broached in our little media blitz. It was such a fun day! The comments and banter going on between my wife and I and our on-line and on-phone friends was hilarious! It was awesome!
     Now for a little confession: The version of Brig-Wallis Preparatory School for Boys available for sale this weekend is not the latest and greatest version of the book. I worked in a fury all week to try to get a more recent, less flawed version of the manuscript uploaded before the media blitz. I pushed "publish" on Thursday but then received the disappointing reply that said the book might take three to five business days to appear on Amazon. All weekend I've checked, and the version on Amazon as I write this is still the original, "flawed" version that came on line on 9-11 (September 1 for Kindle users). The new, latest version probably won't be available until Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday. I am so sorry and, actually, even embarrassed for the flaws in my published book (ten in the first two chapters!) It is especially embarrassing in light of the way we asked people to spend their good money on this version of the book. But, it really was the only choice we had after hyping up the September 30th for several weeks. (It's hard to change the occasion we were piggybacking for the event: my wife's 50th birthday.) But, I console myself thinking, once you get past the first chapter or two, you are in for a smooth read.
     For all of you who have purchased any version of the book, I thank you! I hope you enjoy the story; I hope you are enticed into following through with Books two and three, and, most of all, I hope that you are provoked into thinking and feeling something memorable and even unsettling while reading my story. It is supposed to provide its readers with a slightly different, often un-talked-about perspective on the human condition. I think I've succeeded. Let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Architecture of the Buildings of Brig-Wallis Prep School, Part 4: Aubrey Hall

The Brig-Wallis Preparatory School for Boys campus's southernmost building, Aubrey Hall, was built over the site on which the pre-existing residence quarters for the Jesuit priests, their staff and animals, stood. With the purchase of the two properties on Polenstrasse late in 1806, it was quickly decided to raze these southernmost buildings and use Merchant House for the small school's initial residency. Throughout the first half of 1807, while debris and remnants were being cleared from the property, competing architectural design ideas were being commissioned. By June, a comprehensive design had been approved. The new campus would incorporate three new, inter-connected buildings  to be constructed to the south of, and connected to, both Merchant House and the Chapel. A general contractor had been hired, and various construction companies--Swiss, Italian, French, and German--had been hired to perform the task.      It should here be put forward the fact that the Order of Osi

Does the author, Drew Fisher, actually believe what he's writing about?

The question has come up a few times whether or not I really believe the theories and "cause of the end of the world" scenarios that I write about in the Osiris Plan trilogy. The short answer is: Yes. The longer answer is: This story is representational of my current beliefs with regard to metaphysics, cosmology, and the meaning and significance of human life; I truly see the human condition as an adventure within a set of thespian opportunities.      What I hope to imply here is that I am still growing; I am trying the to best of my abilities to remain open to new information--to remain open and willing to continue the process of expanding my beliefs, of continuing to be discriminating yet accepting and inclusive of new ideas and experiences. My beliefs and knowledge have, I think, been evolving in a way that I'd like to think are expansive. My conscious perspective has been progressing from narrow, ego- and anthropo-centric, to broader, morespiritual-based.      I hav

Brig-Wallis Architecture, Part 2: The Quad

The decision to build a training center/school and "home base" for the Order of Osiris had been bandied about for about 20 years before it was finally committed to. Long before the location for the school grounds had been decided upon and secured, there had been discussions and decisions made regarding campus designs and structures. Originally, it had been thought that an existing building would be the most natural (and simplest) scenario with which to work. But artistic natures being what they are, members of the Order soon realized how strong was their desire to build something "of their own." Thus, when the adjacent properties on the outskirts of Brig-Glis were purchased in 1806, an architectural design was already in hand.      The fully enclosed, inward-facing "quadrangular" arrangement of the school's buildings was based on the design of the "Mod Quad" at Merton College, Oxford, England--with which all Order members were familiar. When